13. Lawla jaoo AAalayhi bi-arbaAAati shuhadaa fa-ith lam ya/too bi
ika AAinda Allahi humu alkathiboon
13. Why did they not bring four witnesses to prove it? When they have not brought the
witnesses, such men, in the sight of Allah, (stand forth) themselves as liars!
14. Walawla fadlu Allahi AAalaykum warahmatuhu fee a
lamassakum fee ma afadtum feehi AAathabun AAa
14. Were it not for the grace and mercy of Allah on you, in this world and the Hereafter, a
grievous penalty would have seized you in that ye rushed glibly into this affair.
15. Ith talaqqawnahu bi-alsinatikum wataqooloona bi-afwahikum ma laysa lakum bihi
AAilmun watahsaboonahu hayyinan wahuwa AAinda Allahi AAa
15. Behold, ye received it on your tongues, and said out of your mouths things of which
ye had no knowledge; and ye thought it to be a light matter, while it was most serious in
the sight of Allah.www.islamicbulletin.com