16. Walawla ith samiAAtumoohu qultum ma yakoonu lana an natakallama bihatha
subhanaka hatha buhtanun AAa
16. And why did ye not, when ye heard it, say?--"It is not right of us to speak of this:
Glory to Allah. this is a most serious slander!"
ukumu Allahu an taAAoodoo limithlihi abadan in kuntum mu/mineen
17. Allah doth admonish you, that ye may never repeat such (conduct), if ye are (true)
18. Wayubayyinu Allahu lakumu al-ayati wa
llahu AAaleemun hakeem
18. And Allah makes the Signs plain to you: for Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom.
19. Inna allatheena yuhibboona an tasheeAAa alfahishatu fee allatheena amanoo lahum
AAathabun aleemun fee a
llahu yaAAlamu waantum la
19. Those who love (to see) scandal published broadcast among the Believers, will have a
grievous Penalty in this life and in the Hereafter: Allah knows, and ye know not.www.islamicbulletin.com