18. They will say: "Glory to Thee! not meet was it for us that we should take for
protectors others besides Thee: But Thou didst bestow, on them and their fathers, good
things (in life), until they forgot the Message: for they were a people (worthless and)
19. Faqad kaththabookum bima taqooloona fama tastateeAAoona sarfan wala nasran
lim minkum nuthiqhu AAathaban kabeera
19. ((Allah) will say): "Now have they proved you liars in what ye say: so ye cannot avert
(your penalty) nor (get) help." And whoever among you does wrong, him shall We cause
to taste of a grievous Penalty.
20. Wama arsalna qablaka mina almursaleena illa innahum laya/kuloona a
wayamshoona fee al-aswaqi wajaAAalna baAAdakum libaAAdin fitnatan atasbiroona
wakana rabbuka baseera
20. And the apostles whom We sent before thee were all (men) who ate food and walked
through the streets: We have made some of you as a trial for others: will ye have
patience? for Allah is One Who sees (all things).
Section 3 (21-34)www.islamicbulletin.com