262. Those who spend their substance in the cause of Allah, and follow not up their gifts
with reminders of their generosity or with injury,--for them their reward is with their
Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
263. Qawlun maAAroofun wamaghfiratun khayrun min sadaqatin yatbaAAuha athan
llahu ghaniyyun haleem
263. Kind words and the covering of faults are better than charity followed by injury.
Allah is free of all wants, and He is Most-Forbearing.
264. Ya ayyuha allatheena amanoo la tubtiloo sadaqatikum bi
llathee yunfiqu malahu ri-aa a
nnasi wala yu/minu bi
famathaluhu kamathali safwanin AAalayhi turabun faasabahu wabilun fatarakahu saldan
la yaqdiroona AAala shay-in mimma kasaboo wa
llahu la yahdee alqawma alkafireen
264. O ye who believe! cancel not your charity by reminders of your generosity or by
injury,--like those who spend their substance to be seen of men, but believe neither in
Allah nor in the Last Day. They are in parable like a hard, barren rock, on which is a little
soil: on it falls heavy rain, which leaves it (Just) a bare stone. They will be able to do
nothing with aught they have earned. And Allah guideth not those who reject faith.www.islamicbulletin.com