14. Wajahadoo biha wa
ulman waAAuluwwan fa
kana AAaqibatu almufsideen
14. And they rejected those Signs in iniquity and arrogance, though their souls were
convinced thereof: so see what was the end of those who acted corruptly!
Section 2 (15-31)
15. Walaqad atayna dawooda wasulaymana AAilman waqala alhamdu lillahi allathee
faddalana AAala katheerin min AAibadihi almu/mineen
15. We gave (in the past) knowledge to David and Solomon: And they both said: "Praise
be to Allah, Who has favoured us above many of his servants who believe!"
16. Wawaritha sulaymanu dawooda waqala ya ayyuha a
nnasu AAullimna mantiqa
ttayri waooteena min kulli shay-in inna hatha lahuwa alfadlu almubeen
16. And Solomon was David's heir. He said: "O ye people! We have been taught the
speech of birds, and on us has been bestowed (a little) of all things: this is indeed Grace
manifest (from Allah.)"www.islamicbulletin.com