17. Qala rabbi bima anAAamta AAalayya falan akoona
17. He said: "O my Lord! For that Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace on me, never shall I be
a help to those who sin!"
18. Faasbaha fee almadeenati kha-ifan yataraqqabu fa-itha allathee istansarahu bi
yastasrikhuhu qala lahu moosa innaka laghawiyyun mubeen
18. So he saw the morning in the city, looking about, in a state of fear, when behold, the
man who had, the day before, sought his help called aloud for his help (again). Moses
said to him: "Thou art truly, it is clear, a quarrelsome fellow!"
19. Falamma an arada an yabtisha bi
llathee huwa AAaduwwun lahuma qala ya moosa
atureedu an taqtulanee kama qatalta nafsan bi
l-amsi in tureedu illa an takoona jabbaran
fee al-ardi wama tureedu an takoona mina almusliheen