79. Fakharaja AAala qawmihi fee zeenatihi qala allatheena yureedoona alhayata
ddunya ya layta lana mithla ma ootiya qaroonu innahu lathoo ha
79. So he went forth among his people in the (pride of his wordly) glitter. Said those
whose aim is the Life of this World: "Oh! that we had the like of what Qarun has got! for
he is truly a lord of mighty good fortune!"
80. Waqala allatheena ootoo alAAilma waylakum thawabu Allahi khayrun liman amana
waAAamila salihan wala yulaqqaha illa a
80. But those who had been granted (true) knowledge said: "Alas for you! The reward of
Allah (in the Hereafter) is best for those who believe and work righteousness: but this
none shall attain, save those who steadfastly persevere (in good)."
81. Fakhasafna bihi wabidarihi al-arda fama kana lahu min fi-atin yansuroonahu min
dooni Allahi wama kana mina almuntasireen
81. Then We caused the earth to swallow up him and his house; and he had not (the least
little) party to help him against Allah, nor could he defend himself.www.islamicbulletin.com