17. Wama AAalayna illa albalaghu almubeen
17. "And our duty is only to proclaim the clear Message."
18. Qaloo inna tatayyarna bikum la-in lam tantahoo lanarjumannakum
walayamassannakum minna AAathabun aleem
18. The (people) said: "for us, we augur an evil omen from you: if ye desist not, we will
certainly stone you. And a grievous punishment indeed will be inflicted on you by us."
19. Qaloo ta-irukum maAAakum a-in thukkirtum bal antum qawmun musrifoon
19. They said: "Your evil omens are with yourselves: (deem ye this an evil omen). If ye
are admonished? Nay, but ye are a people transgressing all bounds!"
20. Wajaa min aqsa almadeenati rajulun yasAAa qala ya qawmi ittabiAAoo almursaleen
20. Then there came running, from the farthest part of the City, a man, saying, "O my
people! Obey the apostles:www.islamicbulletin.com