5. But (there were people) before them, who denied (the Signs),- the People of Noah, and
the Confederates (of Evil) after them; and every People plotted against their prophet, to
seize him, and disputed by means of vanities, therewith to condemn the Truth; but it was
I that seized them! and how (terrible) was My Requital!
6. Wakathalika haqqat kalimatu rabbika AAala allatheena kafaroo annahum as-habu
6. Thus was the Decree of thy Lord proved true against the Unbelievers; that truly they
are Companions of the Fire!
7. Allatheena yahmiloona alAAarsha waman hawlahu yusabbihoona bihamdi rabbihim
wayu/minoona bihi wayastaghfiroona lillatheena amanoo rabbana wasiAAta kulla shay-
in rahmatan waAAilman fa
ghfir lillatheena taboo wa
ttabaAAoo sabeelaka waqihim
7. Those who sustain the Throne (of Allah. and those around it Sing Glory and Praise to
their Lord; believe in Him; and implore Forgiveness for those who believe: "Our Lord!
Thy Reach is over all things, in Mercy and Knowledge. Forgive, then, those who turn in
Repentance, and follow Thy Path; and preserve them from the Penalty of the Blazing