82. Afalam yaseeroo fee al-ardi fayan
uroo kayfa kana AAaqibatu allatheena min
qablihim kanoo akthara minhum waashadda quwwatan waatharan fee al-ardi fama aghna
AAanhum ma kanoo yaksiboon
82. Do they not travel through the earth and see what was the End of those before them?
They were more numerous than these and superior in strength and in the traces (they have
left) in the land: Yet all that they accomplished was of no profit to them.
83. Falamma jaat-hum rusuluhum bi
lbayyinati farihoo bima AAindahum mina alAAilmi
wahaqa bihim ma kanoo bihi yastahzi-oon
83. For when their apostles came to them with Clear Signs, they exulted in such
knowledge (and skill) as they had; but that very (Wrath) at which they were wont to scoff
hemmed them in.
84. Falamma raaw ba/sana qaloo amanna bi
llahi wahdahu wakafarna bima kunna bihi