49. Man does not weary of asking for good (things), but if ill touches him, he gives up all
hope (and) is lost in despair.
50. Wala-in athaqnahu rahmatan minna min baAAdi darraa massat-hu layaqoolanna
hatha lee wama a
ssaAAata qa-imatan wala-in rujiAAtu ila rabbee inna lee
AAindahu lalhusna falanunabbi-anna allatheena kafaroo bima AAamiloo
walanutheeqannahum min AAathabin ghalee
50. When we give him a taste of some Mercy from Ourselves, after some adversity has
touched him, he is sure to say, "This is due to my (merit): I think not that the Hour (of
Judgment) will (ever) be established; but if I am brought back to my Lord, I have (much)
good (stored) in His sight!" But We will show the Unbelievers the truth of all that they
did, and We shall give them the taste of a severe Penalty.
51. Wa-itha anAAamna AAala al-insani aAArada wanaa bijanibihi wa-itha massahu
shsharru fathoo duAAa-in AAareed
51. When We bestow favours on man, he turns away, and gets himself remote on his side
(instead of coming to Us); and when evil seizes him, (he comes) full of prolonged prayer!www.islamicbulletin.com