3. We have made it a Qur'an in Arabic, that ye may be able to understand (and learn
4. Wa-innahu fee ommi alkitabi ladayna laAAaliyyun hakeem
4. And verily, it is in the Mother of the Book, in Our Presence, high (in dignity), full of
5. Afanadribu AAankumu a
ththikra safhan an kuntum qawman musrifeen
5. Shall We then take away the Message from you and repel (you), for that ye are a
people transgressing beyond bounds?
6. Wakam arsalna min nabiyyin fee al-awwaleen
6. But how many were the prophets We sent amongst the peoples of old?
7. Wama ya/teehim min nabiyyin illa kanoo bihi yastahzi-oon