1. O ye who believe! Take not my enemies and yours as friends (or protectors),- offering
them (your) love, even though they have rejected the Truth that has come to you, and
have (on the contrary) driven out the Prophet and yourselves (from your homes), (simply)
because ye believe in Allah your Lord! If ye have come out to strive in My Way and to
seek My Good Pleasure, (take them not as friends), holding secret converse of love (and
friendship) with them: for I know full well all that ye conceal and all that ye reveal. And
any of you that does this has strayed from the Straight Path.
2. In yathqafookum yakoonoo lakam aAAdaan wayabsutoo ilaykum aydiyahum
ssoo-i wawaddoo law takfuroon
2. If they were to get the better of you, they would behave to you as enemies, and stretch
forth their hands and their tongues against you for evil: and they desire that ye should
reject the Truth.
3. Lan tanfaAAakum arhamukum wala awladukum yawma alqiyamati yafsilu baynakum
llahu bima taAAmaloona baseer
3. Of no profit to you will be your relatives and your children on the Day of Judgment:
He will judge between you: for Allah sees well all that ye do.www.islamicbulletin.com