8. Yaqooloona la-in rajaAAna ila almadeenati layukhrijanna al-aAAazzu minha al-athalla
walillahi alAAizzatu walirasoolihi walilmu/mineena walakinna almunafiqeena la
8. They say, "If we return to Medina, surely the more honourable (element) will expel
therefrom the meaner." But honour belongs to Allah and His Messenger, and to the
Believers; but the Hypocrites know not.
Section 2 (9-11)
9. Ya ayyuha allatheena amanoo la tulhikum amwalukum wala awladukum AAan thikri
Allahi waman yafAAal thalika faola-ika humu alkhasiroon
9. O ye who believe! Let not your riches or your children divert you from the
remembrance of Allah. If any act thus, the loss is their own.
10. Waanfiqoo min ma razaqnakum min qabli an ya/tiya ahadakumu almawtu fayaqoola
rabbi lawla akhkhartanee ila ajalin qareebin faassaddaqa waakun mina a
10. and spend something (in charity) out of the substance which We have bestowed on
you, before Death should come to any of you and he should say, "O my Lord! why didstwww.islamicbulletin.com