27. Recite to them the truth of the story of the two sons of Adam. Behold! they each
presented a sacrifice (to God): It was accepted from one, but not from the other. Said the
latter: "Be sure I will slay thee." "Surely," said the former, "God doth accept of the
sacrifice of those who are righteous.
28. La-in basatta ilayya yadaka litaqtulanee ma ana bibasitin yadiya ilayka li-aqtulaka
innee akhafu Allaha rabba alAAalameen
28. "If thou dost stretch thy hand against me, to slay me, it is not for me to stretch my
hand against thee to slay thee: for I do fear God, the cherisher of the worlds.
29. Innee oreedu an taboo-a bi-ithmee wa-ithmika fatakoona min as-habi a
wathalika jazao a
29. "For me, I intend to let thee draw on thyself my sin as well as thine, for thou wilt be
among the companions of the fire, and that is the reward of those who do wrong."www.islamicbulletin.com