65. And well ye knew those amongst you who transgressed in the matter of the Sabbath:
We said to them: "Be ye apes, despised and rejected."
66. FajaAAalnaha nakalan lima bayna yadayha wama khalfaha wamawAAi
66. So We made it an example to their own time and to their posterity, and a lesson to
those who fear Allah.
67. Wa-ith qala moosa liqawmihi inna Allaha ya/murukum an tathbahoo baqaratan qaloo
atattakhithuna huzuwan qala aAAoothu biAllahi an akoona mina aljahileen
67. And remember Moses said to his people: "(Allah) commands that ye sacrifice a
heifer." They said: "Makest thou a laughing-stock of us?" He said: "(Allah) save me from
being an ignorant (fool)!"
68. Qaloo odAAu lana rabbaka yubayyin lana ma hiya qala innahu yaqoolu innaha
baqaratun la faridun wala bikrun AAawanun bayna thalika fa
fAAaloo ma tu/maroon
68. They said: "Beseech on our behalf Thy Lord to make plain to us what (heifer) it is!"
He said; "He says: The heifer should be neither too old nor too young, but of middling
age. Now do what ye are commanded!"www.islamicbulletin.com