58. When ye proclaim your call to prayer they take it (but) as mockery and sport; that is
because they are a people without understanding.
59. Qul ya ahla alkitabi hal tanqimoona minna illa an amanna bi
llahi wama onzila
ilayna wama onzila min qablu waanna aktharakum fasiqoon
59. Say: "O people of the Book! Do ye disapprove of us for no other reason than that we
believe in God, and the revelation that hath come to us and that which came before (us),
and (perhaps) that most of you are rebellious and disobedient?"
60. Qul hal onabbi-okum bisharrin min thalika mathoobatan AAinda Allahi man
laAAanahu Allahu waghadiba AAalayhi wajaAAala minhumu alqiradata wa
ttaghooti ola-ika sharrun makanan waadallu AAan sawa-i a
60. Say: "Shall I point out to you something much worse than this, (as judged) by the
treatment it received from God? those who incurred the curse of God and His wrath,
those of whom some He transformed into apes and swine, those who worshipped ev il;-
these are (many times) worse in rank, and far more astray from the even path!"www.islamicbulletin.com