77. Say: "O people of the Book! exceed not in your religion the bounds (of what is
proper), trespassing beyond the truth, nor follow the vain desires of people who went
wrong in times gone by,- who misled many, and strayed (themselves) from the even way.
Section 11 (78-86)
78. LuAAina allatheena kafaroo min banee isra-eela AAala lisani dawooda waAAeesa
ibni maryama thalika bima AAasaw wakanoo yaAAtadoon
78. Curses were pronounced on those among the Children of Israel who rejected Faith, by
the tongue of David and of Jesus the son of Mary: because they disobeyed and persisted
79. Kanoo la yatanahawna AAan munkarin faAAaloohu labi/sa ma kanoo yafAAaloon
79. Nor did they (usually) forbid one another the iniquities which they committed: evil
indeed were the deeds which they did.
80. Tara katheeran minhum yatawallawna allatheena kafaroo labi/sa ma qaddamat lahum
anfusuhum an sakhita Allahu AAalayhim wafee alAAathabi hum khalidoon