87. Walaqad atayna moosa alkitaba waqaffayna min baAAdihi bi
AAeesa ibna maryama albayyinati waayyadnahu biroohi alqudusi afakullama jaakum
rasoolun bima la tahwa anfusukumu istakbartum fafareeqan kaththabtum wafareeqan
87. We gave Moses the Book and followed him up with a succession of apostles; We
gave Jesus the son of Mary Clear (Signs) and strengthened him with the holy spirit. Is it
that whenever there comes to you an apostle with what ye yourselves desire not, ye are
puffed up with pride?--Some ye called impostors, and others ye slay!
Section 11 (88-96)
88. Waqaloo quloobuna ghulfun bal laAAanahumu Allahu bikufrihim faqaleelan ma
88. They say, "Our hearts are the wrappings (which preserve Allah's Word: we need no
more)." Nay, Allah's curse is on them for their blasphemy: Little is it they believe.
89. Walamma jaahum kitabun min AAindi Allahi musaddiqun lima maAAahum
wakanoo min qablu yastaftihoona AAala allatheena kafaroo falamma jaahum ma
AAarafoo kafaroo bihi falaAAnatu Allahi AAala alkafireen