136. So We exacted retribution from them: We drowned them in the sea, because they
rejected Our Signs and failed to take warning from them.
137. Waawrathna alqawma allatheena kanoo yustadAAafoona mashariqa al-ardi
wamagharibaha allatee barakna feeha watammat kalimatu rabbika alhusna AAala banee
isra-eela bima sabaroo wadammarna ma kana yasnaAAu firAAawnu waqawmuhu wama
137. And We made a people, considered weak (and of no account), inheritors of lands in
both east and west, - lands whereon We sent down Our blessings. The fair promise of thy
Lord was fulfilled for the Children of Israel, because they had patience and constancy,
and We levelled to the ground the great works and fine buildings which Pharaoh and his
people erected (with such pride).
138. Wajawazna bibanee isra-eela albahra faataw AAala qawmin yaAAkufoona AAala
asnamin lahum qaloo ya moosa ijAAal lana ilahan kama lahum alihatun qala innakum
138. We took the Children of Israel (with safety) across the sea. They came upon a
people devoted entirely to some idols they had. They said: "O Moses! fashion for us a
god like unto the gods they have." He said: "Surely ye are a people without kn owledge.www.islamicbulletin.com