164. Wa-ith qalat ommatun minhum lima taAAi
oona qawman Allahu muhlikuhum aw
muAAaththibuhum AAathaban shadeedan qaloo maAAthiratan ila rabbikum
164. When some of them said: "Why do ye preach to a people whom God will destroy or
visit with a terrible punishment?"- said the preachers:" To discharge our duty to your
Lord, and perchance they may fear Him."
165. Falamma nasoo ma thukkiroo bihi anjayna allatheena yanhawna AAani a
alamoo biAAathabin ba-eesin bima kanoo yafsuqoon
165. When they disregarded the warnings that had been given them, We rescued those
who forbade Evil; but We visited the wrong-doers with a grievous punishment because
they were given to transgression.
166. Falamma AAataw AAan ma nuhoo AAanhu qulna lahum koonoo qiradatan khasi-
166. When in their insolence they transgressed (all) prohibitions, We said to them: "Be ye
apes, despised and rejected."www.islamicbulletin.com