176. Walaw shi/na larafaAAnahu biha walakinnahu akhlada ila al-ardi wa
hawahu famathaluhu kamathali alkalbi in tahmil AAalayhi yalhath aw tatruk-hu yalhath
thalika mathalu alqawmi allatheena kaththaboo bi-ayatina fa
qsusi alqasasa laAAallahum
176. If it had been Our will, We should have elevated him with Our signs; but he inclined
to the earth, and followed his own vain desires. His similitude is that of a dog: if you
attack him, he lolls out his tongue, or if you leave him alone, he (st ill) lolls out his
tongue. That is the similitude of those who reject Our signs; So relate the story;
perchance they may reflect.
177. Saa mathalan alqawmu allatheena kaththaboo bi-ayatina waanfusahum kanoo
177. Evil as an example are people who reject Our signs and wrong their own souls.
178. Man yahdi Allahu fahuwa almuhtadee waman yudlil faola-ika humu alkhasiroon
178. Whom God doth guide,- he is on the right path: whom He rejects from His
guidance,- such are the persons who perish.www.islamicbulletin.com