57. Law yajidoona maljaan aw magharatin aw muddakhalan lawallaw ilayhi wahum
57. If they could find a place to flee to, or caves, or a place of concealment, they would
turn straightaway thereto, with an obstinate rush.
58. Waminhum man yalmizuka fee a
ssadaqati fa-in oAAtoo minha radoo wa-in lam
yuAAtaw minha itha hum yaskhatoon
58. And among them are men who slander thee in the matter of (the distribution of) the
alms: if they are given part thereof, they are pleased, but if not, behold! they are
59. Walaw annahum radoo ma atahumu Allahu warasooluhu waqaloo hasbuna Allahu
sayu/teena Allahu min fadlihi warasooluhu inna ila Allahi raghiboon
59. If only they had been content with what Allah and His Messenger gave them, and had
said, "Sufficient unto us is Allah. Allah and His Messenger will soon give us of His
bounty: to Allah do we turn our hopes!" (that would have been the right course).
Section 8 (60-66)www.islamicbulletin.com