78. They said: "Hast thou come to us to turn us away from the ways we found our fathers
following,- in order that thou and thy brother may have greatness in the land? But not we
shall believe in you!"
79. Waqala firAAawnu i/toonee bikulli sahirin AAaleem
79. Said Pharaoh: "Bring me every sorcerer well versed."
80. Falamma jaa a
ssaharatu qala lahum moosa alqoo ma antum mulqoon
80. When the sorcerers came, Moses said to them: "Throw ye what ye (wish) to throw!"
81. Falamma alqaw qala moosa ma ji/tum bihi a
ssihru inna Allaha sayubtiluhu inna
Allaha la yuslihu AAamala almufsideen
81. When they had had their throw, Moses said: "What ye have brought is sorcery: Allah
will surely make it of no effect: for Allah prospereth not the work of those who make