98. Why was there not a single township (among those We warned), which believed,- so
its faith should have profited it,- except the people of Jonah? When they believed, We
removed from them the penalty of ignominy in the life of the present, and permitted them
to enjoy (their life) for a while.
99. Walaw shaa rabbuka laamana man fee al-ardi kulluhum jameeAAan afaanta tukrihu
nnasa hatta yakoonoo mu/mineen
99. If it had been thy Lord's will, they would all have believed,- all who are on earth! wilt
thou then compel mankind, against their will, to believe!
100. Wama kana linafsin an tu/mina illa bi-ithni Allahi wayajAAalu a
allatheena la yaAAqiloon
100. No soul can believe, except by the will of Allah, and He will place doubt (or
obscurity) on those who will not understand.www.islamicbulletin.com