57. Fa-in tawallaw faqad ablaghtukum ma orsiltu bihi ilaykum wayastakhlifu rabbee
qawman ghayrakum wala tadurroonahu shay-an inna rabbee AAala kulli shay-in
57. "If ye turn away,- I (at least) have conveyed the Message with which I was sent to
you. My Lord will make another people to succeed you, and you will not harm Him in
the least. For my Lord hath care and watch over all things."
58. Walamma jaa amruna najjayna hoodan wa
llatheena amanoo maAAahu birahmatin
minna wanajjaynahum min AAathabin ghalee
58. So when Our decree issued, We saved Hud and those who believed with him, by
(special) Grace from Ourselves: We saved them from a severe penalty.
59. Watilka AAadun jahadoo bi-ayati rabbihim waAAasaw rusulahu wa
kulli jabbarin AAaneed
59. Such were the 'Ad People: they rejected the Signs of their Lord and Cherisher;
disobeyed His apostles; And followed the command of every powerful, obstinate