62. Qaloo ya salihu qad kunta feena marjuwwan qabla hatha atanhana an naAAbuda ma
yaAAbudu abaona wa-innana lafee shakkin mimma tadAAoona ilayhi mureeb
62. They said: "O Salih! thou hast been of us! a centre of our hopes hitherto! dost thou
(now) forbid us the worship of what our fathers worshipped? But we are really in
suspicious (disquieting) doubt as to that to which thou invitest us."
63. Qala ya qawmi araaytum in kuntu AAala bayyinatin min rabbee waatanee minhu
rahmatan faman yansurunee mina Allahi in AAasaytuhu fama tazeedoonanee ghayra
63. He said: "O my people! do ye see? if I have a Clear (Sign) from my Lord and He hath
sent Mercy unto me from Himself,- who then can help me against Allah if I were to
disobey Him? What then would ye add to my (portion) but perdition?
64. Waya qawmi hathihi naqatu Allahi lakum ayatan fatharooha ta/kul fee ardi Allahi
wala tamassooha bisoo-in faya/khuthakum AAathabun qareeb
64. "And O my people! This she-camel of Allah is a symbol to you: leave her to feed on
Allah.s (free) earth, and inflict no harm on her, or a swift penalty will seize you!"www.islamicbulletin.com