77. Walamma jaat rusuluna lootan see-a bihim wadaqa bihim tharAAan waqala hatha
77. When Our messengers came to Lut, he was grieved on their account and felt himself
powerless (to protect) them. He said: "This is a distressful day."
78. Wajaahu qawmuhu yuhraAAoona ilayhi wamin qablu kanoo yaAAmaloona a
ati qala ya qawmi haola-i banatee hunna atharu lakum fa
ttaqoo Allaha wala tukhzooni
fee dayfee alaysa minkum rajulun rasheed
78. And his people came rushing towards him, and they had been long in the habit of
practising abominations. He said: "O my people! Here are my daughters: they are purer
for you (if ye marry)! Now fear Allah, and cover me not with shame about my guests! Is
there not among you a single right-minded man?"
79. Qaloo laqad AAalimta ma lana fee banatika min haqqin wa-innaka lataAAlamu ma
79. They said: "Well dost thou know we have no need of thy daughters: indeed thou
knowest quite well what we want!"www.islamicbulletin.com