85. Waya qawmi awfoo almikyala wa
lqisti wala tabkhasoo a
ashyaahum wala taAAthaw fee al-ardi mufsideen
85. "And O my people! give just measure and weight, nor withhold from the people the
things that are their due: commit not evil in the land with intent to do mischief.
86. Baqiyyatu Allahi khayrun lakum in kuntum mu/mineena wama ana AAalaykum
86. "That which is left you by Allah is best for you, if ye (but) believed! but I am not set
over you to keep watch!"
87. Qaloo ya shuAAaybu asalatuka ta/muruka an natruka ma yaAAbudu abaona aw an
nafAAala fee amwalina ma nashao innaka laanta alhaleemu a
87. They said: "O Shu'aib! Does thy (religion of) prayer command thee that we leave off
the worship which our fathers practised, or that we leave off doing what we like with our
property? truly, thou art the one that forbeareth with faults and is right- minded!"www.islamicbulletin.com