99. And they are followed by a curse in this (life) and on the Day of Judgment: and
woeful is the gift which shall be given (unto them)!
100. Thalika min anba-i alqura naqussuhu AAalayka minha qa-imun wahaseed
100. These are some of the stories of communities which We relate unto thee: of them
some are standing, and some have been mown down (by the sickle of time).
alamoo anfusahum fama aghnat AAanhum
alihatuhumu allatee yadAAoona min dooni Allahi min shay-in lamma jaa amru rabbika
wama zadoohum ghayra tatbeeb
101. It was not We that wronged them: They wronged their own souls: the deities, other
than Allah, whom they invoked, profited them no whit when there issued the decree of
thy Lord: Nor did they add aught (to their lot) but perdition!
102. Wakathalika akhthu rabbika itha akhatha alqura wahiya
alimatun inna akhthahu