3. Nahnu naqussu AAalayka ahsana alqasasi bima awhayna ilayka hatha alqur-ana wa-in
kunta min qablihi lamina alghafileen
3. We do relate unto thee the most beautiful of stories, in that We reveal to thee this
(portion of the) Qur'an: before this, thou too was among those who knew it not.
4. Ith qala yoosufu li-abeehi ya abati innee raaytu ahada AAashara kawkaban
lqamara raaytuhum lee sajideen
4. Behold! Joseph said to his father: "O my father! I did see eleven stars and the sun and
the moon: I saw them prostrate themselves to me!"
5. Qala ya bunayya la taqsus ru/yaka AAala ikhwatika fayakeedoo laka kaydan inna
shshaytana lil-insani AAaduwwun mubeen
5. Said (the father): "My (dear) little son! relate not thy vision to thy brothers, lest they
concoct a plot against thee: for Satan is to man an avowed enemy!www.islamicbulletin.com