23. Warawadat-hu allatee huwa fee baytiha AAan nafsihi waghallaqati al-abwaba
waqalat hayta laka qala maAAatha Allahi innahu rabbee ahsana mathwaya innahu la
23. But she in whose house he was, sought to seduce him from his (true) self: she
fastened the doors, and said: "Now come, thou (dear one)!" He said: "(Allah) forbid! truly
(thy husband) is my lord! he made my sojourn agreeable! truly to no good come those
who do wrong!"
24. Walaqad hammat bihi wahamma biha lawla an raa burhana rabbihi kathalika linasrifa
lfahshaa innahu min AAibadina almukhlaseen
24. And (with passion) did she desire him, and he would have desired her, but that he saw
the evidence of his Lord: thus (did We order) that We might turn away from him (all) evil
and shameful deeds: for he was one of Our servants, sincere and purified.
stabaqa albaba waqaddat qameesahu min duburin waalfaya sayyidaha lada albabi
qalat ma jazao man arada bi-ahlika soo-an illa an yusjana aw AAathabun aleem
25. So they both raced each other to the door, and she tore his shirt from the back: they
both found her lord near the door. She said: "What is the (fitting) punishment for one who
formed an evil design against thy wife, but prison or a grievous chastisement?"www.islamicbulletin.com