77. Qaloo in yasriq faqad saraqa akhun lahu min qablu faasarraha yoosufu fee nafsihi
walam yubdiha lahum qala antum sharrun makanan wa
llahu aAAlamu bima tasifoon
77. They said: "If he steals, there was a brother of his who did steal before (him)." But
these things did Joseph keep locked in his heart, revealing not the secrets to them. He
(simply) said (to himself): "Ye are the worse situated; and Allah knoweth best the truth of
what ye assert!"
78. Qaloo ya ayyuha alAAazeezu inna lahu aban shaykhan kabeeran fakhuth ahadana
makanahu inna naraka mina almuhsineen
78. They said: "O exalted one! Behold! he has a father, aged and venerable, (who will
grieve for him); so take one of us in his place; for we see that thou art (gracious) in doing
79. Qala maAAatha Allahi an na/khutha illa man wajadna mataAAana AAindahu inna
79. He said: "(Allah) forbid that we take other than him with whom we found our
property: indeed (if we did so), we should be acting wrongfully.
Section 10 (80-93)www.islamicbulletin.com