82. "'Ask at the town where we have been and the caravan in which we returned, and
(you will find) we are indeed telling the truth.'"
83. Qala bal sawwalat lakum anfusukum amran fasabrun jameelun AAasa Allahu an
ya/tiyanee bihim jameeAAan innahu huwa alAAaleemu alhakeem
83. Jacob said: "Nay, but ye have yourselves contrived a story (good enough) for you. So
patience is most fitting (for me). Maybe Allah will bring them (back) all to me (in the
end). For He is indeed full of knowledge and wisdom."
84. Watawalla AAanhum waqala ya asafa AAala yoosufa wa
byaddat AAaynahu mina
alhuzni fahuwa ka
84. And he turned away from them, and said: "How great is my grief for Joseph!" And
his eyes became white with sorrow, and he fell into silent melancholy.
85. Qaloo ta
llahi taftao tathkuru yoosufa hatta takoona haradan aw takoona mina