36. Those to whom We have given the Book rejoice at what hath been revealed unto thee:
but there are among the clans those who reject a part thereof. Say: "I am commanded to
worship Allah, and not to join partners with Him. Unto Him do I call, and unto Him is
37. Wakathalika anzalnahu hukman AAarabiyyan wala-ini ittabaAAta ahwaahum
baAAda ma jaaka mina alAAilmi ma laka mina Allahi min waliyyin wala waq
37. Thus have We revealed it to be a judgment of authority in Arabic. Wert thou to
follow their (vain) desires after the knowledge which hath reached thee, then wouldst
thou find neither protector nor defender against Allah.
38. Walaqad arsalna rusulan min qablika wajaAAalna lahum azwajan wathurriyyatan
wama kana lirasoolin an ya/tiya bi-ayatin illa bi-ithni Allahi likulli ajalin kitab
38. We did send apostles before thee, and appointed for them wives and children: and it
was never the part of an apostle to bring a sign except as Allah permitted (or
commanded). For each period is a Book (revealed).
Section 6 (38-43)www.islamicbulletin.com