3. Tharhum ya/kuloo wayatamattaAAoo wayulhihimu al-amalu fasawfa yaAAlamoon
3. Leave them alone, to enjoy (the good things of this life) and to please themselves: let
(false) hope amuse them: soon will knowledge (undeceive them).
4. Wama ahlakna min qaryatin illa walaha kitabun maAAloom
4. Never did We destroy a population that had not a term decreed and assigned
5. Ma tasbiqu min ommatin ajalaha wama yasta/khiroon
5. Neither can a people anticipate its term, nor delay it.
6. Waqaloo ya ayyuha allathee nuzzila AAalayhi a
ththikru innaka lamajnoon
6. They say: "O thou to whom the Message is being revealed! truly thou art mad (or