57. WayajAAaloona lillahi albanati subhanahu walahum ma yashtahoon
57. And they assign daughters for Allah. - Glory be to Him! - and for themselves (sons,-
the issue) they desire!
58. Wa-itha bushshira ahaduhum bi
alla wajhuhu muswaddan wahuwa
58. When news is brought to one of them, of (the birth of) a female (child), his face
darkens, and he is filled with inward grief!
59. Yatawara mina alqawmi min soo-i ma bushshira bihi ayumsikuhu AAala hoonin am
yadussuhu fee a
tturabi ala saa ma yahkumoon
59. With shame does he hide himself from his people, because of the bad news he has
had! Shall he retain it on (sufferance and) contempt, or bury it in the dust? Ah! what an
evil (choice) they decide on?www.islamicbulletin.com