16. Wa-itha aradna an nuhlika qaryatan amarna mutrafeeha fafasaqoo feeha fahaqqa
AAalayha alqawlu fadammarnaha tadmeera
16. When We decide to destroy a population, We (first) send a definite order to those
among them who are given the good things of this life and yet transgress; so that the
word is proved true against them: then (it is) We destroy them utterly.
17. Wakam ahlakna mina alqurooni min baAAdi noohin wakafa birabbika bithunoobi
AAibadihi khabeeran baseera
17. How many generations have We destroyed after Noah? and enough is thy Lord to
note and see the sins of His servants.
18. Man kana yureedu alAAajilata AAajjalna lahu feeha ma nashao liman nureedu
thumma jaAAalna lahu jahannama yaslaha mathmooman madhoora
18. If any do wish for the transitory things (of this life), We readily grant them - such
things as We will, to such person as We will: in the end have We provided Hell for them:
they will burn therein, disgraced and rejected.www.islamicbulletin.com