96. Atoonee zubara alhadeedi hatta itha sawa bayna a
sadafayni qala onfukhoo hatta itha
jaAAalahu naran qala atoonee ofrigh AAalayhi qitra
96. "Bring me blocks of iron." At length, when he had filled up the space between the
two steep mountain-sides, He said, "Blow (with your bellows)" Then, when he had made
it (red) as fire, he said: "Bring me, that I may pour over it, molten lead."
97. Fama istaAAoo an ya
haroohu wama istataAAoo lahu naqba
97. Thus were they made powerless to scale it or to dig through it.
98. Qala hatha rahmatun min rabbee fa-itha jaa waAAdu rabbee jaAAalahu dakkaa
wakana waAAdu rabbee haqqa
98. He said: "This is a mercy from my Lord: But when the promise of my Lord comes to
pass, He will make it into dust; and the promise of my Lord is true."
99. Watarakna baAAdahum yawma-ithin yamooju fee baAAdin wanufikha fee a