20. She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not
21. Qala kathaliki qala rabbuki huwa AAalayya hayyinun walinajAAalahu ayatan li
warahmatan minna wakana amran maqdiyya
21. He said: "So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me: and (We wish) to
appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us':It is a matter (so) decreed."
22. Fahamalat-hu fa
ntabathat bihi makanan qasiyya
22. So she conceived him, and she retired with him to a remote place.
23. Faajaaha almakhadu ila jithAAi a
nnakhlati qalat ya laytanee mittu qabla hatha
wakuntu nasyan mansiyya
23. And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm-tree: She cried (in her
anguish): "Ah! would that I had died before this! would that I had been a thing forgotten
and out of sight!"www.islamicbulletin.com