46. (The father) replied: "Dost thou hate my gods, O Abraham? If thou forbear not, I will
indeed stone thee: Now get away from me for a good long while!"
47. Qala salamun AAalayka saastaghfiru laka rabbee innahu kana bee hafiyya
47. Abraham said: "Peace be on thee: I will pray to my Lord for thy forgiveness: for He is
to me Most Gracious.
48. WaaAAtazilukum wama tadAAoona min dooni Allahi waadAAoo rabbee AAasa alla
akoona biduAAa-i rabbee shaqiyya
48. "And I will turn away from you (all) and from those whom ye invoke besides Allah. I
will call on my Lord: perhaps, by my prayer to my Lord, I shall be not unblest."
49. Falamma iAAtazalahum wama yaAAbudoona min dooni Allahi wahabna lahu ishaqa
wayaAAqooba wakullan jaAAalna nabiyya
49. When he had turned away from them and from those whom they worshipped besides
Allah, We bestowed on him Isaac and Jacob, and each one of them We made a prophet.www.islamicbulletin.com