3. Lahiyatan quloobuhum waasarroo a
alamoo hal hatha illa
basharun mithlukum afata/toona a
ssihra waantum tubsiroon
3. Their hearts toying as with trifles. The wrong-doers conceal their private counsels,
(saying), "Is this (one) more than a man like yourselves? Will ye go to witchcraft with
your eyes open?"
4. Qala rabbee yaAAlamu alqawla fee a
l-ardi wahuwa a
4. Say: "My Lord knoweth (every) word (spoken) in the heavens and on earth: He is the
One that heareth and knoweth (all things)."
5. Bal qaloo adghathu ahlamin bali iftarahu bal huwa shaAAirun falya/tina bi-ayatin
kama orsila al-awwaloon
5. "Nay," they say, "(these are) medleys of dream!--Nay, He forged it!--Nay, He is (but) a
poet! Let him then bring us a Sign like the ones that were sent to (Prophets) of old!"www.islamicbulletin.com