6. Ma amanat qablahum min qaryatin ahlaknaha afahum yu/minoon
6. (As to those) before them, not one of the populations which We destroyed believed:
will these believe?
7. Wama arsalna qablaka illa rijalan noohee ilayhim fa
s-aloo ahla a
ththikri in kuntum la
7. Before thee, also, the apostles We sent were but men, to whom We granted inspiration:
If ye realise this not, ask of those who possess the Message.
8. Wama jaAAalnahum jasadan la ya/kuloona a
ttaAAama wama kanoo khalideen
8. Nor did We give them bodies that ate no food, nor were they exempt from death.
9. Thumma sadaqnahumu alwaAAda faanjaynahum waman nashao waahlakna