46. Afalam yaseeroo fee al-ardi fatakoona lahum quloobun yaAAqiloona biha aw
athanun yasmaAAoona biha fa-innaha la taAAma al-absaru walakin taAAma alquloobu
allatee fee a
46. Do they not travel through the land, so that their hearts (and minds) may thus learn
wisdom and their ears may thus learn to hear? Truly it is not their eyes that are blind, but
their hearts which are in their breasts.
47. WayastaAAjiloonaka bi
lAAathabi walan yukhlifa Allahu waAAdahu wa-inna
yawman AAinda rabbika kaalfi sanatin mimma taAAuddoon
47. Yet they ask thee to hasten on the Punishment! But Allah will not fail in His Promise.
Verily a Day in the sight of thy Lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning.
48. Wakaayyin min qaryatin amlaytu laha wahiya
alimatun thumma akhathtuha wa-
48. And to how many populations did I give respite, which were given to wrong-doing?
in the end I punished them. To me is the destination (of all).www.islamicbulletin.com