The Islamic Bulletin
(Servings for 6 to 8 people)
- 4 - 5 lbs. chicken, cut in serving pieces
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 3 - 4 cups water
1. Place all ingredients in electric saucepan (4-quart or greater
2. Bring to steaming point - reduce heat to simmer.
3. Cook about two hours or until chicken becomes tender.
4. Cool, de-bone chicken, strain and reserve stock to use in sauce.
- 3 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 to 1/4 chopped apple
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup cream
1. Melt butter in large frying pan on medium heat.
2. Add onions and apples and stir sauce lightly.
3. Blend in curry powder and flour.
4. Slowly add stock; stir until smooth and thick.
5. Beat egg yolk and cream together lightly: stir into sauce.
6. Add chicken pieces.
Serve with rice and condiments.
As we begin the calendar year 1992, we commence
our membership drive for the Islamic Center of San
If each of us would commit ourselves to the task of
introducing at least one new member we can easily
double our membership.
For any organization to be successful, it needs more
In these times of turmoil and upheavals in the eco-
nomic, social, political, and legal environments, it is
critical for all of us, Muslims, to reinforce our belief
in God and in ourselves, enabling us to establish a
strong and vibrant Islamic Center.
Let us all commit ourselves to improving things and
not just watching them happen.
Respected community folks, let us all combine and
direct our efforts towards a constructive goal of
solidifying our interests in dedicating ourselves in
May The Almighty bless us all!