Chicken Curry - Murgi Curry (Servings for 6 to 8 people)
- 4 - 5 lbs. chicken, cut in serving pieces
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 3 - 4 cups water
1. Place all ingredients in electric saucepan (4-quart or greater capacity).
2. Bring to steaming point - reduce heat to simmer.
3. Cook about two hours or until chicken becomes tender.
4. Cool, de-bone chicken, strain and reserve stock to use in sauce.
- 3 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 to 1/4 chopped apple
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup cream
1. Melt butter in large frying pan on medium heat.
2. Add onions and apples and stir sauce lightly.
3. Blend in curry powder and flour.
4. Slowly add stock; stir until smooth and thick.
5. Beat egg yolk and cream together lightly: stir into sauce.
6. Add chicken pieces.
Serve with rice and condiments.
The Islamic Bulletin
P.O. Box 410186, San Francisco, CA 94141-0186