Zignee (a delicious and extremely hot-spiced dish from Ethiopia)
- 1 chicken (cut in serving pieces)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 3 tbls hot red pepper (chili powder)
- 2 tbls oil
- 4-5 tomatoes blended (enough to cover chicken in pot)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (pierce eggs with sharp knife to make small hole)
- Salt to taste
- Little water
1. Fry onions in oil very well until translucent.
2. Add red chili powder and a little water and fry some more.
3. Next add your chicken and continue frying until chicken becomes brown.
4. Add the blended tomatoes and lower heat to simmer.
5. Salt to taste and continue cooking till done.
6. When chicken is done, add the hard-boiled eggs to the pot and let the eggs
absorb the red chili sauce.
Serve and enjoy an authentic Ethiopian dish!
The Islamic Bulletin
P.O. Box 410186, San Francisco, CA 94141-0186