10. Am lahum mulku a
l-ardi wama baynahuma falyartaqoo fee al-asbab
10. Or have they the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all between? If so, let
them mount up with the ropes and means (to reach that end)!
11. Jundun ma hunalika mahzoomun mina al-ahzab
11. But there - will be put to flight even a host of confederates.
12. Kaththabat qablahum qawmu noohin waAAadun wafirAAawnu thoo al-awtad
12. Before them (were many who) rejected apostles,- the people of Noah, and 'Ad, and
Pharaoh, the Lord of Stakes,
13. Wathamoodu waqawmu lootin waas-habu al-aykati ola-ika al-ahzab
13. And Thamud, and the people of Lut, and the Companions of the Wood; - such were