48. For the evils of their Deeds will confront them, and they will be (completely)
encircled by that which they used to mock at!
49. Fa-itha massa al-insana durrun daAAana thumma itha khawwalnahu niAAmatan
minna qala innama ooteetuhu AAala AAilmin bal hiya fitnatun walakinna aktharahum la
49. Now, when trouble touches man, he cries to Us: But when We bestow a favour upon
him as from Ourselves, he says, "This has been given to me because of a certain
knowledge (I have)!" Nay, but this is but a trial, but most of them understand not!
50. Qad qalaha allatheena min qablihim fama aghna AAanhum ma kanoo yaksiboon
50. Thus did the (generations) before them say! But all that they did was of no profit to
51. Faasabahum sayyi-atu ma kasaboo wa
alamoo min haola-i sayuseebuhum
sayyi-atu ma kasaboo wama hum bimuAAjizeen