4. Kaththabat thamoodu waAAadun bi
4. The Thamud and the 'Ad People (branded) as false the Stunning Calamity!
5. Faamma thamoodu faohlikoo bi
5. But the Thamud,- they were destroyed by a terrible Storm of thunder and lightning!
6. Waamma AAadun faohlikoo bireehin sarsarin AAatiya
6. And the 'Ad, they were destroyed by a furious Wind, exceedingly violent;
7. Sakhkharaha AAalayhim sabAAa layalin wathamaniyata ayyamin husooman fatara
alqawma feeha sarAAa kaannahum aAAjazu nakhlin khawiya
7. He made it rage against them seven nights and eight days in succession: so that thou
couldst see the (whole) people lying prostrate in its (path), as they had been roots of
hollow palm-trees tumbled down!www.islamicbulletin.com